Sunday, June 30, 2013

False Awakening: Are you sure you're awake??

| |
I seriously had no intention to write and post about dreams until last night I had this strange dream. I was experiencing something that is known as the False Awakening. This dream concept was used in the movie Inception

So, there are many types of false awakenings but basically it is when you are convinced that you are waking up from your dream but you are actually still asleep. When you start doing your activities by sleep walking, it is known as the Continuum. While what I experienced is called the Double Dream or dream within a dream (can be more than two frames).

I dreamed that a friend of mine asked me to go somewhere and join my boyfriend with another friend ours. I was not happy and am upset because my boyfriend didn't tell me that he is in town! I felt so uncomfortable and was fully convinced that I woke up. I gave thought to how I was relieved that it was just a dream. A few minutes afterwards, that's the moment I woke up from my false awakening dream. So in my first dream, I thought I woke up but I didn't.  

False awakenings may lead to the pre-lucid dream. In pre-lucid dream, you will be so confused and you won't be able to tell whether you are really dreaming or conscious. Some types of dreams can also be considered as the OBE or the Out of Body Experience.

For some of you who had been experiencing this a lot or do not want to experience, I found a website that gives a lot of  information on how to prevent false awakenings. Check it out: http://dreamstudies.org/2010
False Awakening
/05/04/how-to-stop-false-awakening-dreams/  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A box for your thoughts :)

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Search This Blog